Gathering of Personal Information:
To use the Site you must establish a personal profile on the Site and provide general information about yourself, including without limitation, your name, address, account information, company name, email address, and telephone number. We gather this information to verify your identity (to prevent fraud) and to provide you with the best service possible. The decision to provide this information is optional but you may be prohibited from using certain features of the Site if you decide not to provide the requested information.
In addition to your contact information, we may ask for some or all of the following types of information (your “Personal Information”):
- User name, password and password reminder questions and answers;
- Communications preferences such as whether you would like to receive a newsletter;
- Search queries and results;
- Payment and identify verification information such as credit card number;
- Information posted in community discussion and other interactive features; and
- Correspondence you send us.
Gathering of Non-Personal Information:
We may gather information about you that cannot be used to identify you directly. This information is gathered to help us improve the Site and our business practices. We may gather certain information automatically (your “Non-Personal Information”), including:
- Information regarding your unique interactions with the Site and its content, whether such content is viewed on or through the Site or whether your simply participate in a discussion or otherwise communicate in any way on or through the Site about particular merchandise or other sites;
- Your physical location during such times you are using the Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Information regarding your interactions with email and other messaging services, including links clicked on and whether a message was forwarded;
- Sites visited prior to and after the Site;
- Web pages you viewed and links you clicked on within the Site;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and other information regarding the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
Use of Information:
We generally use your Personal Information in order to provide you with quality service and to fulfill your requests for products, services and other information. We do not store your Personal Information on the Site but redirect it to a secured server (see below for more information regarding how we protect your Personal Information). We may collect and summarize your Personal Information in such a manner where no individual may be identified for statistical purposes to help us improve our business practices and provide better service to you.
We generally use your Non-Personal Information in statistical models for our own use. In order to continue to provide you with the best value in the products offered to you, we may share your Personal and Non-Personal Information with our third-party vendors, suppliers and contractors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text messaging deployment, business analytics, consulting services, marketing assistance , data processing, product service depots, warranty providers, and delivery services. Other uses may include this information to create limitations to specific IP addresses or URLs that have been known to create problems for us.
We only use payment verification information such as your credit card number if necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service or otherwise required by law.
Your name, address, credit card number and amount purchased will be submitted to your financial institution to verify your identity and to authorize your purchase. We must also supply your name, telephone number, address and items purchased to third party shippers such as UPS to deliver your order to you. There may also be instances where we may drop ship directly from the manufacturer or one of our suppliers. In these instances they are the shipper for this order and given the same information.
We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporation transaction, such as a sale of AutomaTech, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may disclose information to protect and defend our legal rights, interests, and safety of our employees, agents, and contractors; to protect the safety and security of you and other users of the Site and members of the public; and as otherwise disclosed in our Terms and Conditions
We may disclose your information as permitted or required to by law, including without limitation:
- To a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information;
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity;
- To comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information;
- To comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information; or
- To our legal counsel.
How We Protect Your Personal Information:
We take precautions to ensure that your Personal Information is secure from unauthorized access, such an internal corporate policies to limit access to systems which store your Personal Information. No data, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure if it is transmitted over the internet or other network. We strive to protect your Personal Information which is transmitted over or through the Site, but you do so at your own risk.
For your protection and privacy, we do not store personal information on the Site. All personal information is redirected to an encrypted, secure site maintained by our order processing system. This system uses the highest level of internet security to protect you from unauthorized use. We only store your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with our services and products. We periodically destroy or otherwise dispose of old or dated Personal Information in accordance with our corporate policies. We may archive a copy of your Personal Information to comply with law, respond to legal process or protect and defend our legal rights and materials.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you promise that you are at least 13 years old. We will delete from our records any Personal Information that we have inadvertently received from a child under the age of 13 as soon as we are aware of such information. In addition, we recommend that minor children of 13 years of age or older seek their parents’ approval before sending any Personal Information to anyone over the internet.
AutomaTech reserves the right to modify this Policy at anytime. You should visit periodically to review any changes. This Policy was last updated: December 10, 2010.